Monday, February 8, 2010

Creating an animated film with a little one!

On Saturday I was lucky enough to attend a 'Make your own film' workshop at the World Culture Museum here in Gothenburg. The workshop was run by Gunilla Gränsbo who is a member of Create A Book For A Child.

Sofia (4.5) wanted to make a film with penguins in it (I think she was inspired by Pingu), and so she and I spent a little time making plastacine penguin figures and a little scene backdrop on a flat piece of card. When ready we then took still photos of our penguin characters (and a fish) on the card background. Using a Mac computer and some free film making program (I can't remember what it was called just now- but I will get back to you witht he name) we made this very simple film.


Find more videos like this on Create A Book For A Child!


Find more videos like this on Create A Book For A Child!

So here we created a story through film and this story was not created for my child but with my child.

I can't wait to get started animating some of the stories I have created and to watching Sofia create more of her own films.

No comments:

Post a Comment